Saludos (greetings) once again from the Dominican Republic! I was very busy last month with a friend visiting, a mission team of nurses who helped 2 of our Grace Schools, I helped the children write letters to their sponsors, worked with our “Sponsorship Guy” Daniel, and much more! I can’t tell you about all of it in this letter, so be sure to check out my website for more stories and pictures!
Next Year: Have you ever had the feeling deep inside when you are excited about what the future holds but sad about the changes to come at the same time? I felt that way when I left the States to be a missionary! I was so excited to share in the Lord’s work in the DR, but sad to leave my family, friends, and all that was familiar. Well, I am in that position again. Through much prayer and council, Eric and I have decided to move back to the U.S. this summer, thus, our DR ministry is coming to a close. Through your prayers and financial support, you have been a critical part of winning children and adults for Christ, building and discipling a young inner-city church, and investing Christian character into teenage girls who face critical life issues such as entering into prostitution. Thank you for partnering with me!
God has given us many deep relationships, and we have been on the ground floor of starting new ministries. You can imagine how difficult it will be for us to leave! But, this is where the excitement for the future comes in. We are praying about the possibility of starting a VisionTrust regional office in TN. I will be exploring this idea with the leadership at VisionTrust over the next few months. In many ways, I feel like I did two years ago when I came to the Dominican Republic: excited about the possibilities, but unsure of the details.
Some important information. As of April 1, God provided through you enough funds to live on until we return to the U.S. this summer. I want you to know of this blessing and tell you that you may stop sending in your gifts. However, I am considering staying with VisionTrust and opening a regional office in TN. If God allows this, I will need to continue to raise my financial support. Would you pray for me as I make this decision? Would you continue to sponsor me with prayer & financial support if God leads me to continue partnering with VisionTrust?
God Bless You All,
Casey Scheberl
No comments:
Post a Comment