Two Sundays ago, as the congregation sat down to listen to the sermon for that night, Eric and I found ourselves sitting by foreigners. This probably sounds silly, because Eric and I are obviously foreigners among the Dominican people here. But there was a small group of other foreigners, Haitians to be exact, visiting the church that evening. As Eric and I sat next to these beautiful people, I heard one of the most awesome sounds I have ever heard. As our pastor preached the sermon, one of the Haitians, John Robert, began to translate those precious words into his native tongue to the people sitting around him.
John Robert came to our church several months ago. He is Haitian, and became a Christian in his country before coming to live in the Dominican Republic. John Robert has brought several Haitians along with him to our church over the past months. He translates the sermon into Creole, the native language of Haiti, for his friends. I personally know of 3 people that have come to make a decision for Christ through John Robert’s translating, and only God knows how many others have!
The Bible says that at the end of this world, all “nations, tribes, peoples and tongues” will be together before God worshipping Him together (Rev. 7:9). When I heard the sermon being preached simultaneously in two languages that are completely different than my own language, it made me so excited to think about the hundreds or thousands or millions of different people groups that will all worship God together one day in heaven! Praise God with me in Spanish by saying “¡Gloria a Dios!”
3 comments:
Praise God that He makes His truth known... no language, or tradegy, or human reasoning, or anything can prevent Him from accomplishing His will!
Hey there! It's been really encouraging to read your missions letters and learn about the great ways the Lord has worked in the DR. I'll be praying for you and Eric as you finish your work there. Peace and love to you!
"DP"
DP! Long time no see girl! Where are you living right now? Thank you for your note, and for your prayers. I have seen God tangibly answer more prayers in these last two years than ever before in my life. He is so faithful!
Love,
Casey
Post a Comment